Lit., Shady Valley (Pukui, Elbert, Mo'okini)
According to the last surviving kama’aina of Maunalua, sweet potatoes were grown in the small valleys, such as Kamilonui, as well as on the coastal plain. The plain below Kamiloiki and Kealaikapapa was known as Ke-kula-o-Kamauwai. This was the famous potato-planting place from which came the potatoes traded to ships that anchored off Hahaione in whaling days. The village at this place, traces of which may still be seen, was called Wawamalu.
Handy Hawaiian Planter Vol 1, p155
Wāwāmalu with the Davis home.
Photo was taken pre-1946 Tidal Wave